Business & Technology Legal Services
KAREN KEATING MARA, ESQ.
Karen Keating Mara is an experienced business and technology attorney who represents startup companies, entrepreneurs, venture capital funds, angel investors and corporate clients in a variety of matters.
Areas of practice include:
Entity formation and startup investments
Venture capital and private equity
Mergers and acquisitions
Commercial and corporate contracting
Technology licensing, acquisition and transfer
Executive employment agreements and separations
Outside general counsel services
DISCLAIMER: Using this website, including receiving requested information from Karen Keating Mara or Keating Mara & Associates LLC, does not, in and of itself, create an attorney-client relationship between Karen Keating Mara and you.
Karen is Managing Member of Keating Mara & Associates LLC, a legal and consulting firm located in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Karen represents a variety of life sciences and technology early stage companies, hedge funds, venture capital funds, corporations, institutional and angel investors in their investment, general corporate, licensing, technology transfer and other transactional activities. Prior to forming Keating Mara & Associates LLC in 2005, Karen worked at Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. Karen served in the legal department in several positions, including as Acting General Counsel. She previously served as General Counsel at the Judge Group Inc. and was a corporate associate with the Philadelphia law firm of Drinker Biddle and Reath LLP. Prior to law school, Karen worked at GE where she completed its Financial Management Program and worked on its Corporate Audit Staff and Capital Audit Staff. She is a graduate of Villanova University School of Law (cum laude) and Temple University (cum laude).
Karen has served as Co-Chair of the City Year Philadelphia Advisory Board since 2012. Karen joined the City Year Philadelphia board in 1999. Karen is passionate about expanding educational opportunities for all students, and sharing the transformational work that City Year’s AmeriCorps members perform each year.
EXPERIENCED, EFFECTIVE AND RESPONSIVE COUNSEL
Karen Keating Mara started her firm in order to provide the same high-quality service as a large law firm, but with greater responsiveness and less expense for her clients. She is skilled at developing practical solutions to complex problems. Her background in finance grounds her practice in delivering value for her clients. By leveraging her extensive network of subject matter experts, she is able to handle transactions in a cost-effective manner for her clients.
Clients receive legal advice fused to their business objectives. Years of business experience at leading companies have helped her build a legal practice that supports business strategies.
Serves as outside general counsel to a variety of technology and life sciences companies.
- Serves as outside general counsel to technology, software and life sciences companies.
- Represented clients selling and buying manufacturing, services and software businesses.
- Represented venture capital funds in connection with numerous initial and follow on investments.
- Negotiated the licensing of patent portfolios from a major university for medical device, pharmaceutical and material science companies.
- Represented a SaaS company in connection with multiple convertible debt financings.
- Represented healthcare and technology companies in connection with financing transaction with Ben Franklin Technology Partners.
- Represented CEOs, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Medical Officers and other executives in connection with employment and separation agreements.
- Provided due diligence of multiple investment opportunities for an institutional investor.
- Secured a settlement for a hedge fund in connection with a commercial dispute.
Copyright © Keating Mara & Associates LLC. All rights reserved.